| Sõrve Military Museum
|| Sõrve peninsula, West Saaremaa island
| Short Description
|| The last foothold in the German forces on Estonian soil during World War II. Today, there are a number of military objects that resemble the hard times.
| Visitors 2010
| If you like to see a comperative factcheck, please see Benchmark Report Museums or Benchmark Report Heritage Sites
Sõrve Peninsula was the last foothold in the German forces on Estonian soil during World War II, there were several battles between the German and Soviet forces. Today, there are a number of military objects that resemble the hard times.
The museum situates in the former frontier guard offiser building in Sõrve peninsula. Cordon main building, which is now a war museum, is divided into different thematic room. In total, these six, plus created a library and support facilities. Thus, for example, has collected all kinds of dining room for eating and cooking paraphernalia. Two rooms are devoted to the Soviet era, as well as the second world war. First World War-era stuff is in one room.
Sõrve nature room: next to the military building is located nature room. At the top of the peninsula are fossils often found, a wide selection of bird feathers, and other practices associated with the rich nature.
About the Heritage Site
- Country: West Estonia, Saaremaa island
- Location: Sõrve peninsula, West Saaremaa island
- Type of location: History of II world war, Military Museum and Nature room
- Experience offered: Military Museum, military objects, Nature room, see here
- Website: www.visitsaaremaa.ee
- Postal Adress:
- Sõrve militaarmuuseum, 93249 Sääre, Saaremaa, Estonia
- phone: +372 5130921;
Accessibility of Heritage Site
- June-August: every day 10:00 - 20:00
- September – May: every day 10:00 - 17:00
- Adult: from 1.60 €
- Child: from 0.64 €
- University student: from 0.64 €
- School student: from 0.64 €
- Exact price to be clarified by service provider.
- By car: From Kuressaare take the 77th road to Sääre village.
- By boat: To Saaremaa, see Tuulelaevad
- By plane: 30 minute flight from Tallinn to Kuressaare
Size/capacities of Heritage Site
Number of visitors in Heritage Site
Visitor's structure, behaviour, satisfaction
- Are the visitors on holiday or visiting from their home?
- If on holiday:
- What kind of holiday?
- Holiday accommodation?
- Holiday means of transportation?
- Holiday alone/accompanied by ...?
- First time visitors to Holiday Site?
- How did the visitors become aware of Heritage Site?
- How did the visitors get to the Heritage Site?
- How much time did the visitors spend in Heritage Site?
- Satisfaction with different aspects of Heritage Site
- Marketing efforts