The maximum height of the cliff is 21.3 m. The cliff runs for about 2.5 km. Panga Cliff stands as a slate wall reaching up straight from the beach. Interestingly, couple of hundred meters from the cliff in the sea there is a steep slope. The location of the slope becomes visible on stormy days as line of foamy waves. Good to know: Panga Cliff is the highest of all Saaremaa and Muhu northern coast cliffs. The cliffs of Saaremaa are all slate cliffs. On the highest point of the Panga cliff there is an ancient ritual site where people sacrificed for the sea.
About the Heritage Site
- Country: West Estonia, Saaremaa island
- Location: Northern Saaremaa island, Panga village, Mustjala commune
- Type of location: Natural and geologycal site.
- Experience offered: Souvenirs, Information boards, Viewing platform, Scuba diving
- Website: www.visitsaaremaa.ee and Scuba diving resort
- Postal Adress:
- Mustjala commune 93 601,Saaremaa, Estonia
- phone: +372 457 9722; fax: +372 457 9630
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessibility of Heritage Site
- open 24 hours
- free of charge
- By car: From Kuressaare take the 86th road and continue the road trough Võhma village to Panga village.
- By boat: See Tuule Laevad
- By plane: 30 minute flight from Tallinn to Kuressaare
Size/capacities of Heritage Site
Number of visitors in Heritage Site
Visitor's structure, behaviour, satisfaction
- Are the visitors on holiday or visiting from their home?
- If on holiday:
- What kind of holiday?
- Holiday accommodation?
- Holiday means of transportation?
- Holiday alone/accompanied by ...?
- First time visitors to Holiday Site?
- How did the visitors become aware of Heritage Site?
- How did the visitors get to the Heritage Site?
- How much time did the visitors spend in Heritage Site?
- Satisfaction with different aspects of Heritage Site